Friday, 4 March 2016

What I think now of the TRESemme Split Remedy Conditioner

Find Out Why My Daughter's Going Back To Normal Conditioner Now

TRESemme Split Remedy: Cure or Curse?

A while back, with much excitement, I reviewed the TRESemme Split Remedy conditioner.

You might recall I had worked myself up into a nerdy state of agitation over new developments in the world of hair care formulations back in 2011.

With huge anticipation, I invested in Split Remedy conditioner, handed it to my oldest daughter (with mid-back length hair who suffers from split ends) and held my breath until I could see this guy in action.

You can read the full review here, if you like.

Or, to make a long story short, the stuff works.

Definitely.

So why, you are asking yourself, does Daughter decide to give this elixir up for some old-school conditioner?

What happened is my greatest fear came true.

The way the product works is through magnetic fields, the two sides of your split end are drawn together as your hair dries.

The risk is that the product can't tell the difference between two sides of a single split, and different strands of hair generally, even though the field is pretty weak.

The fact is the effect is strong enough for longer hair to get snarled during the day.

Daughter noted that her hair became troublesome to brush even a few hours after her hair dried. By teatime, her hair was making her mental.

I am a big believer in not letting your hair dominate your mental health.


Want to read more articles about hair? It's your lucky day!

Check some of these out:

Do Hair Bands Give You An *Ouch* Behind Your Ears?
Matching Hair Clips To Your Hair Colour
Have You Got This Embarrassing Hair Habit?


(*This article was first published in 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment